The starting point for the preservation of the 808 sound… a high resolution capture of a vintage 808 drum machine.
What you’re missing in one-shot samples is the personality that hitting “start” on an 808 gives you. The hardware isn’t just playing one sample over and over. Every single hit coming from an 808 is slightly different than the last. This is why, if you truly want the sound of an 808 inside your computer, you have to have round robins – and a lot of them.
This R&D is now complete, resulting in Preservation Series 808.
Upgrade paths are available at this time.
- Up to 25 Round Robin samples per instrument.
- Kontakt Multis built for speed and playability.
- No processing or coloration during recording and editing – staying true to the preservation concept as outlined in “research”.
- Pristine signal path with mastering grade converters.
- Recorded and provided at 24/96kHz
- Individual presets for a variety of workflows, including “All Individual” patches that spread RR and tonal changes across the keyboard.
- The money you spend on a R&D product will be credited toward the purchase price of the full version when it arrives in the store.
- Preserve the sound and feel of the original hardware with a museum quality approach to sampling and instrument creation.
- Create a high resolution capture of a vintage 808 drum machine.
- Establish a time capsule sample library of the authentic 808 sound.
We recorded thousands of samples and up to 72 round robins on key elements for the development of our 808 instruments. Round Robin 808 contains nearly 1/4th of all samples recorded along with Kontakt patches and multi’s built for speed and playability.
These 808 samples aren’t hyped or effected in ANY way. They’re not your flavor-of-the-month one-shots. What we’re offering is the truest representation of the 808 that we’ve ever heard.
R&D instruments are experiments, small scale ideas, or scaled-back versions of products currently in production. Your investment in a R&D product will be credited toward the purchase price of the full version when it arrives in the store.
The full version of Kontakt is highly recommended for best user experience.
- The full version of Kontakt 5.6.8 and up is required.
- Kontakt Player should be able to run these patches for 15 minutes while in demo mode, however we do not officially support Kontakt Player at this time.
- 96kHz wavs are included in the download. You can use these in any DAW or sampler.